Friday, May 27, 2011

Cambridge, Cambridgeshire





My trip to Cambridge went really well.  I had a great time working with my colleagues face-to-face, and also attending the 38th Cambridge beer festival.  Here are some pictures of the flat I stayed in during the week, as well as a picture of the green where the festival was held.   The weather was gorgeous.  Perfect for sitting on the grass with a pint of real ale.  

Now I as I am writing this I am in the garden apartment we'll be staying in for two weeks in Vicenza, Italy.  I flew from London-Gatwick to Venice this afternoon, and met Jason and Margie there.  They had flown from Boston via Zurich and arrived two hours before me.  Then we caught a bus to the train station, and an hour train ride later we were in Vicenza.  They are both pretty tired, so I am sitting up all on my lonesome.  I only lost an hour from the UK, so I am still feeling pretty awake.  I think we will get up early tomorrow do some walking around town.  Once Jason's uncle and cousin join us tomorrow afternoon, our group will be complete.   More pictures to come...

No comments: