Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Random thought...

Leaving my apartment complex this morning I realized something. I hate leaf blowers.

Yes, hate is the correct word. Their ratio of "noise generated" to "work completed" is way too high... almost infinite in my opinion. Granted, I've never used one and perhaps there is a knack to getting the blower to direct things exactly where you want them, but it seems like these machines just push leaves and whatnot in random directions. I see how you can get rid of whatever item is your problem, but you're really just making it someone else's problem rather than actually cleaning things up.

I could perhaps understand their utility if the person using them was incapable of raking leaves due to health considerations. But 99% of the time I see young, healthy-looking people using them. I consider leaf blowers to be the ideal tool for people who want to look like they are busy doing chores, but don't actually want to do any physical labor. And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: