Sunday, March 15, 2009

Finally... what you've all been waiting for...

Photos of the new place!!!

First, is our living room. The cats' routine each morning is to run downstairs and paw at those window blinds until I put them up so they can stare at the birds sitting and chirping in that bush. It's pretty funny. We want to get some sort of big plant to put in the corner... hopefully Hazel will allow it... she decimates any plant within seconds. By the way, curtains are also in this room's future.


We like to have people over for dinner, but we didn't own a dining table. That was our first major purchase last week. We agreed wholeheartedly on the table, but while the matching chairs were perfect for Jason, they were way too big and uncomfortable for me. So we got half the chairs to match the table, and the other half from a different set. We think it works, and we're both really comfortable in our respective chairs which is the important thing.


Ah... my favorite room in the house... the kitchen! It's a really nice green color, and we were able to use my Gram's picture which ties all the colors together really well. We've decided that this picture will always be in our kitchen, no matter where we live. The curtain is actually one of two fabric panels that Jason brought back to me from his trip to Japan. It's a pea green with off-white designs, and it looks really nice with the color scheme AND it lets in a lot of light. The other panel is lavender and we're using it upstairs.

I'm so happy with this place. We also have a large back yard with a clothes line and plenty of space for gardening and composting. I hope to pick up a composter next weekend once my car arrives, and I can drive to the recycling center.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting these, Jill! I love how you accomodated each other's chair needs:) How cute is that. I have to agree - I love the color of the kitchen. Post some pictures of your back yard when you start gardening!

Erin