Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy First Day of August!

Wow... I can't believe that August is here already. The best month of the year for our family, in my opinion. Jonele and Julie may be too busy and stressed out to agree with me, but I stand by that statement.

Jason and I have been busy ourselves recently. We've been doing a lot of biking. Sunday we rode 27 miles on the St. Mark's Trail (all the way to St. Mark's and back... wouldn't Jen be proud? :-) ), and then yesterday we rode around town to Mission San Luis and the library.

Last night we had our second sign language class, and it was very overwhelming. We have to cover two chapters in the hour we're in class, and that is quite a bit of new vocabulary. I am hoping that it will be easier next week when I can go into class already having looked at what we're going to cover beforehand (we just got our books last night). But we are learning a lot, and it is fun to recognize signs I've seen Julie and Ian use before.

I've also been making a lot of progress on my work projects, and I should probably get back to that now. I'm working on a paper at All Saint's Coffee Shop today, while Jason bikes some more with our new friend Justin. I hope all is well wherever you are!

JP

No comments: