Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lazy Weekend

Welcome to day 2 of my cloudy, quiet weekend. I feel like I have been running around doing so much each weekend for the past who-knows-how-long. So I've really enjoyed staying home, relaxing, enjoying the rain, and slowly working my way through some To Do list tasks.

Jason's still out on the trail hiking in Vermont. He stopped at a small inn/hostel near the edge of the trail at Killington on Thursday and Friday to take a break, but as far as I know he is back out there. I'll post again when I hear where he is. He seems to be traveling with another nice group of folks, so no need to worry. The tentative plan right now is for me to drive up next weekend to meet him. I may pick up my friend Erin along the way as this week she's moving to Canterbury, NH. I'm hoping she'll come camping with us so she and Jason can finally meet.

Friday night I met up with a grad school friend for happy hour after work. Then yesterday I enjoyed the light rain that fell all day long. What a wonderful, "busy" day:
  • watched The Changeling,
  • baked two batches of zucchini brownies to use up all the zucchini gifts from the neighbors (hopefully they'll go over well at work, or I'll be eating a LOT of brownies in the coming week),
  • used some garden basil and all the tomatoes that are ripening at the same time to make a fresh, no cook pasta sauce for dinner,
  • did laundry
  • watched a marathon of cheesy ABC Family TV shows that Jason won't watch with me,
  • and read more of Wizard's First Rule (Jason's getting me hooked on Terry Goodkind.
So far today is going just as well. It's still overcast, which I love on lazy-at-home weekends. And this morning when I turned the compost heap I found that we have some fantastic soil on the bottom of the pile. It's making me excited to start planning for next year's garden.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Until next time...

No comments: