Sunday, August 9, 2009

Manchester, Vermont & Stratton Mountain






Friday afternoon I drove up to Manchester, Vermont to meet up with Jason. We stayed at a cool guesthouse in town that night, and I got to meet some of the people he had been hiking with recently.

Saturday we drove to the base of Stratton Mountain, and hiked a loop that was about ten miles. We went up the mountain and took some great pictures on the fire tower at the top. Then we walked down the other side to Stratton pond, and back to the car along the (relatively boring) pond trail.

We had intended to camp that night, but instead we decided to just drive home. We stopped in Bennington, Vermont for Mexican food and ice cream at dinner time, and managed to arrive back in Natick around midnight. So far we've just spent today relaxing, cleaning, and organizing. Later on I'll be doing some baking for work tomorrow.

Once a month my group celebrates the month's birthdays by having baked goods during our team meeting. I took over baking duties just last month, so I'm excited to try a new recipe. I'm using this as motivation to explore the baking section of my cookbooks more, since I tend to make the same recipes over and over. On tap for tomorrow are vegan blueberry brownies, and molasses-spice cookies. Enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

So glad to get the photos. Looks like a beautiful part of the country. It's good to find some nice hiking trails relatively close to home. Good luck with that baking tonight. Love, Gram and Aunt Ginny