Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Camping We Will Go!

We spent this weekend camping at Mt. Greylock in Western MA... the tallest point in MA. It was a fun trip in spite of the fact that I have yet to find a pair of hiking boots that I am completely happy with. I am trying to replace my 5 year old Vasques that have finally lost their waterproofing, but it is proving difficult. I have tried on so many pairs, and so far bought two. One pair that was supposed to be waterproof left me with soaking feet after a single rainstorm so they will obviously be returned. The other pair I am still unsure about. My feet hurt this weekend, but I'm not sure if it's due to the boots or my feet just getting used to the new hiking conditions here (i.e. all rocks).

We forgot the camera so there will be no shots of waterfalls, amazing mountain vistas, or bright moons and stars. There will also be no shots of the first week of Jason's hiking trip on The Long Trail in VT. The purpose of taking the camera was so that he could document his trip after I dropped him off this afternoon. Sadly, the first week will have to be captured only in written stories, but I will be sure to pack the camera when I meet Jason wherever he is in Vermont on Friday evening. I'm going to hike and camp with him for the weekend, and replenish his food and clean clothes. In the meantime, the cats and I are on our own for the week... the possibilities are endless! Have a great week yourself! :-)

No comments: